Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Thought for the New Year.................

Lord, thou knowest that I am growing older.
Keep me from growing talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject.
Release me from the craving to straighten out everyone's affairs.
Keep me from the recital of endless details. Give me wings to get to the point.
Seal my lips when I am inclined to tell of my aches and pains. They are increasing with the years and my love to speak of them grows sweeter as time goes by.
Make me thoughtful but not nosey; helpful but not bossy.
Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be wrong.
With my vast store of wisdom and experience, it does seem a pity not to use it all. But thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends in the end.

.....I couldn't have said it better. Gott Nytt År!
P.S. help me to see that some of my clothes need to be thrown out!
The apron I am wearing in the picture below is as old as Megan and Amanda, and I just threw it away in 2007!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I have read this thought before and it sure is true. The older I get the truer it is. Happy hew year Mom and Dad. I love you.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Happy New Year! We sure had a great time on Christmas Eve! We love you two!

Natalie said...

I love reading your thoughts...We also had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve...Happy New Year! what? your not going to the ward chili cook off??? just kidding:) ha ha ha