Monday, June 30, 2008

Memories of our Celebration of the Birth of Our Nation

It has been such fun to look at all the pictures of our 4th of July Celebrations. It has created a lot of smiles, a few tears and some laughs out loud. I also read through my files of Patriotism, and wish I could put it all into a blog. The one thing I want to share with you is the Invocation of the 2004 Republican National Convention given by Sheri Dew. I had forgotten about this and the honor that was hers to be asked to give. "Heavenly Father, we come before you as citizens who care about this nation to express our gratitude for this land of liberty, where we have the freedom to live, vote and worship as we choose. We are grateful for the evidence of thy hand in the founding of this nation. We are grateful for every man and woman in uniform and ask thee to bless them and their families. We pray for the wisdom to protect and defend all families for our nation is only as strong as it's homes. We are grateful for a commander in chief who seeks thy guidance. Wilt thou bless him with wisdom and courage. We plead with thee for peace and continued freedom, not only from those who would terrorize us and encroach upon our piece of mind, but also freedom from acrimony. We pray that thy spirit will be with us today, that we may be wise and discerning. We love thee Father and we thank thee for loving us. We worship thee in many ways. But as followers of Jesus Christ and in behalf of all who believe likewise, we offer this prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Mom I have loved this walk down memory lane! Thank you for this and for teaching us to always remember! I pledge allegiance to the flag, because I had ancestors who did!

Stephanie said...

Ahhhh....I love this. I play on a softball team with a guy who is in the reserves but spends a good deal of time defending our country in one way or another...reserves...It just makes me love our country when he shows up to play in his gear. Thanks for sharing..I think you asked for our email...it changed...don't forget to include the "d". chumpzillad@comcast.net! Love you. Go McCain!.....shhhhhhhh!