Saturday, January 12, 2008

♪♪♪ Genealogy, I am doing it ♪♪

What a blessing it has been to be part of the New Family Search Pilot Program. It has not been easy, but certainly worth it. Each time I open the program, there is President Hinckley looking right at me saying "From the very beginning of this church, it's members have been under strong religious obligation to identify their ancestors." How blessed we are to have that privilege. No other church has that obligation. I have felt that obligation from the day the missionaries taught us of temples. I have had a love for this work even before we joined the church I am so grateful for the promises I made to my fathers and mothers before I came to this earth, and the loyalty I feel to them now. I often think of those times and those promises and even the promises we have made to those in our earthly family. I hope we are just as loyal. I am thankful for a "mother heart" that guides me and helps me to find these families. I do not remember them. I don't know what they looked like or what kind of life they lived or if they were good or bad or made mistakes, but none of that matters, I can do something for them which they need to progress, and I love them. I have had wonderful "through the veil" experiences that I am so thankful for. It keeps me going, I just hope I have the time left to do all that I have started. I am working with records that was started some 30 years ago in the SLC Family History Library. Now that I have the Swedish records on line, I am putting these families together. One of you had better be planning on taking this over, as there is no end in sight of families that we have made those promises to. As I work in a parish, I get used to the handwriting, and to the families who stayed in that parish all their lives. Just yesterday while searching birth records for one family, I found a child born out of wedlock to a young girl whose work I though I had already finished who married and had a large family. What joy to find this little Gustaf and be able to seal him to his mother. Melissa's family have been doing baptisms to help which is a blessing to me. Now she is getting her own feelings about who wants their work done, which is also a blessing. I am getting far behind in doing the endowments. (that is a hint) Much of what I am doing is for the Nyström family. I knew them through my father talking about them and I do have pictures, so know what they look like, but I never met them. They stayed in Sweden. I am now in touch with a first cousin in Sweden, a genealogist, whose father's grandmother is a sister to my grandmother. He is sending me information faster than I can type it into the program. So this is my father's family. In the first picture: His parents Hugo and Hildegard Nyström. My fathers picture is on the table between them. Uncle Hugo is seated on the right. Uncle Holger is standing on the left, and Aunt Hildegard is standing on the right. The white round structure behind them is a Swedish stove. Picture #2 My FarMor Picture #3 FarFar and FarMor. Picture #4 is my FarMor sewing. It is not a clear picture of her but one of my favorites. Till next time..................remember your promises

No comments: